cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

milkywhiteboy
Journeyman III

Brand new PC build. RX 570 gray screen then reboot without warning. Need to reboot to get pc to post?!

Describe your system:
* AMD Graphics Card * MSI RX 570 Armor 4gb
* Desktop or Laptop System * Desktop
* Operating System * Windows 10 64bit
* Driver version installed * Radeon Software 20.4.2 (have tried downgrading to 20.2.2 and 20.4.1 with no success)
* Display Devices * Old-ish AWA TV with hdmi port, I don’t have anything else as old HDMI monitor backlight blew.
* Motherboard + Bios Revision 7B89vAC * MSI B450M Mortar Titanium
* CPU/APU * AMD Ryzen 5 3600
* Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage * Coolermaster MWE Gold Modular 750w
* RAM * XPG Spectrix D60G 16GB  

Describe your issue:
* Recently built this PC and I can’t play any games at all besides minecraft as my computer keeps crashing. Sometimes 2-3 mins after starting ANY game, Sometimes I’m lucky and get 10-20mins. Pc crashes to gray (sometimes black) screen and reboots. I then have to reboot the pc to get it to post and get back into windows.

I downloaded Whocrashed and analysed the dump files.
Bug check code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF800FBCA288C8, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I have updated all drivers and installed windows updates etc but still no dice, I have attached a system file and also the latest Dump File.

Please Help. I feel as though I have purchased an expensive and somewhat fancy paperweight at this stage...

0 Likes
6 Replies

According to your BSOD error it seems to be a hardware issue: Bug Check 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs 

First I would download the latest RX570 AMD Driver and see if that helps any from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570 

Second put everything back to default if you are overclocking the CPU or GPU.

I would then download OCCT and run all three Stress test and see if your GPU card  or CPU is overheating.

First run the GPU Stress test and see if the GPU card Temperatures is not overheating also check the PSU Outputs (12vdc) is not abnormal during all three tests.

Then run the CPU test and finally run the PSU test and see if the computer restarts during ANY of the 3 Stress tests.

0 Likes

I've done all these things throughout the week. Nothing comes of it.

0 Likes
buzzy
Journeyman III

turn off auto updates in windows, it worked after trying everything else, that actually fixed the problem

0 Likes
buzzy
Journeyman III

pause windows auto updates, then run your gpu on DEFAULT settings. problem solved

0 Likes
buzzy
Journeyman III

Screenshot (7).png

0 Likes