cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

raceface29
Journeyman III

Is anyone else having black screens on startup with the Radeon RX5600XT?

So, I recently upgraded to an i7 processor combined with the Gigabyte Radeon Rx5600XT Gaming OC GPU a few weeks ago. Right off the bat, I've noticed issues that I seem to have been able to narrow to the GPU:

- Day 1: PC starts up all the way to the logon screen and then freezes. I have to hit the power button on the tower to restart

- Day 2: Same thing

- Day 3: Same thing, except this time, no logon, just a black screen

the issues above only happened once per day at the first startup of each day. Once I got past that, I would be smooth running all day long, until the next morning.

So I started keeping a log of things I did to troubleshoot/change to fix it. Keep in mind, each action below is a different day, so that I could see if my changes took hold:

- re-installed Windows, performed all Windows updates before installing any drivers or software (pretty standard)

- removed and reinstalled all video/display drivers

- updated vBIOS from Gigabyte's website to F2 (was stock F60).

That last one seemed to do the trick. I woke up every morning from there for the next 2 weeks to see that my PC started up fine.

Well, all of a sudden I have the freezing and black screen issue again. Now I'm completely out of ideas and I'm not sure what to do next.

CPU: Intel i7-9700K

CPU Fan: Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi

MB: MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4-3200

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX5600XT Gaming OC

Storage: (1) 250GB Samsung Evo 970 + M.2 NVMe

(2) 1TB Firecuda HDD 7.2k RPMs

PSU: Corsair RM 750W

0 Likes
0 Replies