Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rmesquita
Journeyman III

Wraith Prism RGB Software by CM not working

Hey, what's up guys!

I've just purchased a pre owned PC and this is my first AMD. Its stock cooler was already installed and I did some research on how to change its colors, but I don't honestly know what to do. It's currently with the rainbow effect, but when I installed Wraith Prism program (by Cooler Master) it says "PLUG IN YOUR CM DEVIDE TO GET STARTED" when I open it.

I'm currently using a 3900x on a B450M Gaming by Gigabyte (I plan on changing the mobo later on). I've seen a few threads on this subject where people advise to leave only the USB cable connected (as seen in my poor ilustration below), but when I unplugged it, the software still doesn't recognize it.

2bmlaoodafx41.png

Any tips?

0 Likes
2 Replies

First off, make sure that everythings plugged in as they should be, then try changing your rgb settings using Gigabytes RGB Fusion, you can change it in the bios without having to install anything (available as an option in the bios by default under Peripherls tab > RGB Fusion) or you can install the rgb software for your board model that you can download on the support page for your board. Try it and see if it you can change RGB settings using either method, if not then you may need double check to make sure everythings connected properly.

0 Likes

There is just one RGB strip header on that motherboard, the header is close to the PCI_1 slot and rear fan header. Connect your CPU RGB cable to that and then the BIOS can manage the LED effects.

0 Likes