cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cswygart
Newcomer

Graphics drivers keep getting corrupted - Radeon Pro WX 7100

I apologize ahead of time because I really don't know what I'm talking about, but since I work for a small company that doesn't have a dedicated IT guy, I'm left trying to fix my computer issues. 

Here are my computer specs:

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core

Motherboard - Asus Strix B450-F

Operating Systsem - Windows 10 Home version 1909

Primary software ran on computer - Solidworks 2020

I have been using this computer for 5 months now.  It initial worked fine, but after a couple months, windows update stopped working (I could see and download updates, but they wouldn't install).  I somewhat ignored this issue until Solidworks started getting a little glitchy. 

One morning I turned my computer on and a windows error message came up saying that my graphics card driver was missing or not functioning correctly.  I tried manually updating my graphics card driver thru the device manager, but it said that I already had the most up to date driver. I reinstalled the OS which seamed like it fixed everything (I was able to install all windows updates), but after a couple weeks windows update quite working again (it can download, but not install updates).  

This morning I turned my computer on and Solidworks wont open.  I also got the error message bellow.

pastedImage_1.jpg

I am planning on reinstalling the OS, but does anyone know why my graphics card drivers/registry files keep on getting corrupted/going missing?

0 Likes
3 Replies

0 Likes
cswygart
Newcomer

Thanks for the answers.  I installed the software that you suggested hardcoregames and flashed my bios.  It seems to be running well now.

0 Likes

i have seen your story time and time again

nice to see you have it resolved

0 Likes