Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

shadybas
Journeyman III

Game crashes dual monitor 5700 XT

Hey, 

I'll try it in english. 

I have problems with my new RX 5700 XT.

The whole system works fine, but I use dual monitor (first: 144hz iiyama 27'' and second: 60hz iiyama 27''). First monitor is linked by DP and second by HDMI. Both into the 5700 XT.

When both monitors are connected, I always get game crashes without any error code every few minutes. I just get back to desktop. Windows event viewer says: "amdkmdap Event ID 4101 driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

As soon as I'm disconnect my second monitor, the problem seems to be gone and everything works fine. Just a few blackscreens sometimes. I never had problems with dual monitor, what is the issue here? Help please!

Im using the newest driver 20.4.2

0 Likes
1 Reply
Toadberg
Journeyman III

Hello Shadybas

I hope you read this. Could you respond if you fixed your Problem and how?

I myself have a similar issue. I bought a 5700 XT about a year ago and had constant Problems with it. I tried everything: reinstalling drivers, reinstalling windows, updating bios and and and.

It got to the point of me buying new hardware since my motherboard and CPU were pretty old. Yesterday i installed the new hardware and a new installation of win 10 for good measure. But surprise the driver was still crashing. 

Since i eliminated everthing i could think of, i now reached the conclusion that it has to do with my multi-Monitor-setup. i have one plugged in over hdmi (Main Monitor) and one over a display port to dvi adapter cable. i will test my theory by plugin out the second monitor and looking if that will still lead to the problem.

I will try to update you all and i hope we can find a solution to a problem that has occured for too long. 

Godspeed to you all^^

0 Likes