AnsweredAssumed Answered

B450 Aorus M+Ryzen 7 2700x doesn't boot,"boot kit" is the solution?

Question asked by gamerfreak on May 6, 2020
Latest reply on May 7, 2020 by elstaci

Hello friends.

A couples days ago i purchase a mobo Gigabyte B450 Aorus M+Ryzen 7 2700x. I put these together yesterday with a GTX 1660 6G and a 16G 2666 ddr4 ram module(1x16). Well,i have some year's experience building pc's, i had built many many others with success. But after assembly these rig,it start but don't give me any video. And litght a red led in the low part on mobo where it reads "cpu". Ok. After hours dismounting and mounting again,i dont get any success, only light the cpu's red led in mobo. 

First, the Gigabyte mobo instructions say that new ryzen 7 3generation IS suported, and is upgrade to then,it says that can boot up with the actual BIOS installed.

After some research, i found out the many other people have the same problem with these mobo and cpu combination, and then i found the root kit from AMD,about the upgrade of BIOS with a earlier gen amd cpu compatible,etc etc.

I'm from Brasil, São Paulo.  I really don't want return back the cpu+mobo to retailer, because i like the AMD processors. What should i do? Return or try the boot kit? I bought it in a e-commerce but i have the receipts. This "boot kit service" is extended to Brazil at all?

Thank you in advance for the attention

PS:I will post a photo of the misterious "red led", please someone help me to see better, that correspond to cpu or dram?Look closely there, the're 4 leds and 4 part's name,to me that even look like correspond to dram, but if, why?

Thank you again

Outcomes