cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gamerfreak
Journeyman III

B450 Aorus M+Ryzen 7 2700x doesn't boot,"boot kit" is the solution?

Hello friends.

A couples days ago i purchase a mobo Gigabyte B450 Aorus M+Ryzen 7 2700x. I put these together yesterday with a GTX 1660 6G and a 16G 2666 ddr4 ram module(1x16). Well,i have some year's experience building pc's, i had built many many others with success. But after assembly these rig,it start but don't give me any video. And litght a red led in the low part on mobo where it reads "cpu". Ok. After hours dismounting and mounting again,i dont get any success, only light the cpu's red led in mobo. 

First, the Gigabyte mobo instructions say that new ryzen 7 3generation IS suported, and is upgrade to then,it says that can boot up with the actual BIOS installed.

After some research, i found out the many other people have the same problem with these mobo and cpu combination, and then i found the root kit from AMD,about the upgrade of BIOS with a earlier gen amd cpu compatible,etc etc.

I'm from Brasil, São Paulo.  I really don't want return back the cpu+mobo to retailer, because i like the AMD processors. What should i do? Return or try the boot kit? I bought it in a e-commerce but i have the receipts. This "boot kit service" is extended to Brazil at all?

Thank you in advance for the attention

PS:I will post a photo of the misterious "red led", please someone help me to see better, that correspond to cpu or dram?Look closely there, the're 4 leds and 4 part's name,to me that even look like correspond to dram, but if, why?

Thank you again

0 Likes
4 Replies
gamerfreak
Journeyman III

Please, can some personal of AMD help me? My time to return the product is running out.

Strange how everybody says that b450 support the Ryzen 7 2700x, don't work here at all.

For the red led i've seen many people saying "it's really the BIOS update"...

If IS the update BIOS, i'm nearly buying the AMD Athlon 200GE to do it...

So what now?

I'm wainting for any help.

0 Likes

Your Gigabyte Motherboard's original BIOS version is F1. This same BIOS supports the Ryzen 7 2700X from the box without having to update the BIOS. So a BOOT Kit wouldn't help you in this case.

Gigabyte Motherboard's CPU SUPPORT LIST: B450 AORUS M (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

Gigabyte's BIOS version from original to the latest: B450 AORUS M (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

So your Ryzen 7 2700X should work and boot up with the BIOS version you have. In fact, if your Motherboard was manufactured in 2019 or 2020, the BIOS Version would be much higher than F1.

Make sure you have the latest Motherboard CHIPSET installed.

I would remove all the RAM Modules from your motherboard and just install one RAM module and see if it boots up. If it does then that indicates your RAM isn't 100% compatible with the motherboard and Processor.

Is your RAM Memory listed on your motherboard's QVL List for Pinnacle Ridge RAM MEMORY?

I have attached the QVL List for RAM MEMORY for the Pinnacle Ridge Processor (2700X) for you to check if it is listed. This list is 2 years old so it is Out-dated. If not listed open a Gigabyte Support ticket and ask them or open a ticket with the manufacturer of the RAM Memory and ask them.

Also make sure you have all the power cables including Aux CPU PWR cables connected to the motherboard. If the 6 or 8 pin CPU Power is not connected on the motherboard most likely it won't boot up.

To narrow down the hardware that could be causing your issue. disconnect everything from your Motherboard except:

1-Monitor and cable

2-GPU card

3-CPU

4-One stick of RAM Memory

5-Keyboard and Mouse

6-Windows drive

See if it boots up with this amount of hardware connected.

NOTE: This is not Official AMD Support. This is a User to User Forum. To get in touch with Official AMD SUPPORT you can open an Online AMD Service Request from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
gamerfreak
Journeyman III

Thank you for your response and attention, is very much appreciated.

Well Sir, get me thinking...so it's the ram i believe. It's just 1 stick of ddr4 16G 2666 Fury X.

No i didn't check if is in compatible list that you mention.

First day, was only one red led in dram, after i disconnect and connect again all part's multiples times, now keeps blinking between "cpu" AND "dram"..

In the moment that you kindly replied me , i was almost purchase a Athlon 200GE to do myself the "boot kit thing".

I dont have another stick of ram to test in the moment...

With no more options and with the pandemics out there (no technical support in "person" to see the machine) i sadly will return it to the seller. 

One more time Thank you for your time, you save me from spending more money in a lost cause.

0 Likes

before you turn it back to the Retailer, place your one RAM in every Memory slot on the motherboard. See if it boots up in any of the RAM Slots on your motherboard. Sometimes the computer won't boot if RAM is not in the correct Memory slot.

Also make sure you have all the power cables connected to your motherboard, especially the CPU PWR cable. Most motherboards won't boot up if that cable is not connected.

Can you please post the exact HyperX Fury RAM you have installed. I want to see if it is listed on the QVL list and on the RAM Manufacturer's website for being compatible with your motherboard.

These are the only 16 gbyte RAM sticks compatible with your Processor in 2018:

It is a good chance the RAM you have may be compatible since it probably is very new thus not listed on the Out-Dated QVL List.

Before turning in your computer, Open a Ticket with both Gigabyte and HyperX Support and asked them if they believe you issue is RAM or possibly a defective Motherboard or Processor.

0 Likes