cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

guigoka
Journeyman III

PC Freezing

I have an amd computer for about 1 year and at the beginning it had a lot of BSOD and freezing, I changed some parts and returned to normal operation, but after about 4 months the same problems started sometimes the computer freezes or it many blue screens, the blue screen restarts and returns to the blue screen when loading or in a few minutes after calling

most of the BSOD is "irql_not_less_or_equal ntoskrnl.exe"
I did many things to try to solve and nothing, I did tests and the memories are ok, everything ok
BIOS updated
Ryzen 7 3700X
4x8gb corsair vengeance rgb pro
Nvidia GTX 970
X570 Aorus Elite
SSD Sansung
HD for Games

1 Reply

Just because a memory test is okay doesn't mean it uses correct settings. If your memory is not on the QVL for your MB then it may not be setting the correct timings. You should verify with your memory maker what timings you should use and set them manually if they are not auto set correctly.

That being said I have seen that error caused by bad cache data in Fast Startup.

So try disabling Windows Fast Startup. 

Also some security software can do this too. So disable security software and see if that helps.

I would also suggest you Run SFC, DISM and CHKDSK. (“SFC /SCANNOW” “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” “CHKDSK /r /v”) to verify the system files and disk. 

If you have any overclock software installed return settings to defaults. 

Make sure to have the latest MB Bios and it would not hurt to load the latest chipset driver even a re-install if you already did. Fast Startup can mess with the installs and hopefully you disabled it. 

0 Likes