AnsweredAssumed Answered

Notebook screen doesn't work after installing new AMD 2020 drivers

Question asked by stepiiis on May 5, 2020
Latest reply on May 9, 2020 by stepiiis

At the end of the installation process, you are supposed to restart the notebook. After booting back up it seemed totally normal, but for some reason after logging in through windows hello the IR LEDs next to webcam stopped shining but the screen remained frozen at the same login gate but my external monitor connected through USB-C showed the desktop bu the other one remained frozen. I then restarted the computer a couple of times again to see if that would help. but it did nothing. Then I switched to only the external monitor trough keyboard shortcuts and installed the AMD driver again, but it seems to not have worked again because the problem remains, Although this time the screen refreshes every like 15-30 seconds if I mirror the view from my external monitor to the notebook monitor. I also noticed that the USB accessories I had connected trough my USB-C hub don't seem to be recognised by the computer but if I connect them a straight through to the computer it recognizes them straight away. 

I have a HP envy x360 13 inch 2018. Never had a problem with AMD drivers on this computer.

Outcomes