p.s. I apologize for minor inaccuracies, English is not my native language, I am from Poland.
Quickly describe my situation.
I bought a new processor Ryzen 7 3700x, boxing version.
When I swapped my old 1700x processor with the 3700x, the computer starts up, but the screen is black, I can’t even see the BIOS boot.
- msi b350 krait gaming
- msi 5700xt evoke 8gb
- old proc. 1700x
- new proc. 3700x
- Power Supply: Corsair 650w gold
- GOODRAM DDR4 IRDM 16GB/3000mhz
The BIOS version on the motherboard was flashed to support 3700x ( ver.: 7B08v1I)
I also tried to run without RAM. With one and two slats. Also interchanged, did not help. When I returned my old 1700x processor, everything worked fine.
The processor was tested on a 2nd computer. There was a motherboard b450 tomahawk, with current firmware for the 3700x processor, another memory, and a Nvidia graphics card, power supply: Corsair 550w. The same problem, the computer turns on and the black screen. On the old processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600, it worked.
03/05/2020 I made an application for RMA. I received 2 emails.
1. AMD Service Notice: New Request Received [ticketno:[8200962562[}
2. AMD service Notice: Global Customer Care Account Created
I have 2 questions:
1. As I understand it, I need to wait until they accept my application? How long does it take?
2. Can I somehow open my application and describe my problem in more detail? How is the forum here? I described everything there briefly.
Thank you all for your help and advice, this is my first experience with RMA AMD. I hope I wrote everything well in English.