cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zxdfgbgnjhnv
Adept I

broken capacitors 2950x

Broke off several capacitor assemblies on the 2950x processor, are they critical for the processor to work? Or are they duplicated and can it be without them?

Broken off 3pcs, they are all lost. What capacity do they have or their face value? I want to buy and solder.

Or where to get the datasheet for it? I don't want to unsolder to measure the capacity.

0 Likes
5 Replies

I seriously doubt you will find any type of AMD schematic or data sheet showing the values of the processor's electronic components. I imagine that is considered to be secret to the public by AMD.

If you install the processor and it doesn't work correctly or doesn't boot up then you are out of luck. Since the damage was "Customer Error". It isn't covered by AMD Warranty.

0 Likes

The funny thing is that it was so sent from the online store "computeruniverse", when I wrote to the technical support of this store they stopped contacting and no longer answer and in my personal account the goods from the shopping list disappeared and I can not register the return.
I’ve been trying to contact them for almost a year now, they don’t answer letters, but I can’t call them, because I don’t know a foreign language.

This store has recently become deceive buyers from abroad. It sends used goods under the guise of a new one, I have already received this several times and only once was able to return it to them.

0 Likes

The processor is still under Warranty by AMD if it is less then 3 years old. Since Computer Universe warranty is expired then AMD Warranty is now effective.

If you can prove to AMD that you received defective or damaged processor originally from the Retailer and you have documentation showing how you tried to contact and return the processor to Computer Universe and was ignored or denied, then it is possible that AMD might replace your Processor. But most likely they won't but there is no harm in opening a AMD Warranty Request and see what they say from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

Did you receive the Processor in a official AMD Retail box? If you did then you have a 3 year Warranty from AMD, but if it came in a Non-AMD box than you don't.

Good luck!

Box version, but mechanical damage and it probably will not be accepted. But the request sent there.

mccharle
Elite

bad news

try to contact AMD support, perhaps you will find a cost less solution or capacitors ref.

0 Likes