cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

macciofe
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3400G hangs on boot to win10

Original system specs are Gigabyte B450M, Sabrent NVMe 500 MB, DDR4 Viper 2666 MHz, TPI wifi card, Win 10 home.

PC worked for about one month.  Screen freeze followed by reboot hangs on windows circle of dots.  Replaced mother board with ASRock B450M Pro 4. Same problem.  Tried booting from USB flash with Win 10 image, same problem.  Took to repair shop,  they tried SSD and said it was ok, memory sticks ok.  People with way more experience than I believe APU is

bad and preventing boot to win 10.  Next step is to order another APU to confirm but now price is up another $75.  Will AMD

test my APU/ replace APU?  All computer parts ordered Dec 28, 2019.

0 Likes
2 Replies
cactus001
Journeyman III

I have a similar, if slightly different problem.  I suspect my GPU has gone out on my 3400g after about 3 months.  I'm going to try warrantee replacement.  But given that you brought up purchases a new one - be careful to shop!!!!

Many places are selling the 3400G for ridiculous prices.  More than when it first came out - when there's talk its about to be removed from the market.  Currently (today) MicroCenter has what I deem a fair price ($179).  You might want to check it out.

0 Likes

Hello,

I filled out the paperwork for warranty on my APU.  I noticed the prices have jumped in a couple of months.

I think my price in dec 2019 was around $150.  Thanks for the info. ;-)

0 Likes