cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

luthenis
Journeyman III

AM4 3900X only work 2 days

I buy a ASUS TUF GAMING X570 mobo with AM4 3900X and use a RX580 8gb black edition for video, evething only works for 2 days, now the MOBO turn a red light CPU, and never see video again, I like to know really if possible to the CPU damage without causes? or probably the problem is the ASUS motherboard? I test the memory , another video card, another power supply, and the sellers of the products are not the same, how and who can I claim? I dont have where to test CPU or MOBO, if you need I put a video, thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
ramchyld
Elite

Strongly suggest taking your motherboard into a computer store where you can get a spare motherboard to test.

if you were to ask me tho my suspicion would be the motherboard. Asus doesn't really care about people who buy their TuF boards. Bought a TuF X470 Gaming Plus. That board gave me issues regarding its SATA ports (to wit, plugging in more than 3 SATA hard disks causes instability and freezes at boot) that went away when I swapped it out for an Aorus X470 Gaming 5. I googled around and apparently it has something to do with the board having several spread spectrums forced enabled and the function to turn it off removed so it is permanently nerfed compared to the higher end Strix and ROG boards - unfortunately spread spectrum can also negatively affect people who want to RAID laptop hard drives. Complains all fall on deaf ears compared to those complain coming to those who're using ROG boards. 

0 Likes