• Display Devices
    • Samsung CHG70 2560X1440 @ 144Hz DP
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe Bios Version 6643
    • ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Bios Version 1201
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
  • Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
    • I don't recall the make but its a Cooler Master 1000W Gold that I have had for a few years now.
  • RAM
    • 16GB

Describe your issue:

The issue is fairly random as to when it will occur. Some days it won't happen at all and other days it will happen twice in fairly short succession, and normally after the second time it occurs it doesn't happen again the rest of the day. When the issue occurs I have to unplug the power from my monitor and then plug it back in to get it working again, I just recently got my monitor back from being serviced thinking it was an issue with the monitor but it still happens so it doesn't seem that was likely. The issue occurs in any application whether I am playing a game in fullscreen or borderless windowed mode or just browsing the web. I don't recall having this issue back in January or February so I am going to try rolling back to one of those and hope it fixes my issue until a driver gets released that fixes this.

Edit: Just had my system automatically reboot after getting a black screen. Windows has also updated since posting this originally so OS Build is now 18363.836.

Outcomes