Since the beginning of owning this card I have nothing but problems with it.
Ik keep getting this bsod: video tdr failure atikmpag.sys. Bluescreenview report that 'dxgkrnl.sys' causes this bsod.
It happens at random: sometimes after logging in, sometimes after couple hours, sometimes days
After some searching on the web, I found that the graphic drivers were the issue.
This is what I've tried already, but failed:
- ran windows memory controller overnight to test the ram;
- DDU the drivers and reinstall the chipset and graphic drivers;
- same as above, but installed the graphic drivers manually via device manager without the radeon software;
- tried the stable version 20.2.2 aswell as the 20.4.2 version
- disabled freesync on my monitors;
- reseated all cables on my pc;
- reapplied thermal past on cpu;
- disabled hardware acceleration on firefox;
- ran cinebench and heavenbenchmark for 30 minutes each with no issue
- probably something else, but forgot.
- amd ryzen 5 2600
- powercolor rx 5600xt red dragon (radeon 20.2.2 right now)
- asus b350 prime plus with the latest bios
- sharkoon sph 650w 80 plus psu
- trident z 16gb 3000mhz cl16
- xpg adata m.2 ssd
- seagate barracuda 2tb
- 4x bequiet fans
I ordered a new psu, but I doubt if that's the problem.
A couple months ago I had a gtx 1660 running just fine.
I attached the latest minidump below.
If I forgot something to mention, please let me know and I will get back to you asap.
thanx for the help in advance.
ps: don't mind the temperature of the cpu in speccy. It does not display it right