rondvierkant

AMD Radeon HD 7970M drivers

Discussion created by rondvierkant on Apr 30, 2020
Latest reply on May 3, 2020 by rondvierkant

Hello,

recently I remembered I had an, admittedly old, laptop laying around somewhere. After finding it I decided to do a clean windows install to get rid of all the junk that was on there. However, after my windows install I couldn't get my gpu drivers to work for the life of me. I've literally tried everything... 

The laptop is an MSI gx60. It has integrated graphics, an AMD Radeon HD 7970M and an AMD Radeon HD 7660G.

At first I tried using the auto-detect software, which I thought had worked because it said it installed successfully, gave no errors or anything. I checked device manager, and even there it said the device was working properly. My resolution was still messed up however, and when right clicking my desktop there was to option to configure graphics or anything so I knew it didn't work. After that I tried to manually download the driver, and the same thing happened. 

Then I tried to download an old driver because I remembered when I used to use this laptop I never had any issues with my GPU. That DID work, I thought. My res was fixed and when I right clicked my desktop I could change my gpu settings and everything. Cool, it worked. Nice!

However, when I started downloading some basic stuff like chrome and stuff, I suddenly get a blue screen of death. And that just keeps happening now... 

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm adding some pics aswell.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

Outcomes