cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hayato175
Journeyman III

How to change settings of my graphic card ?

Hello,

I have a PC with an AMD graphic card and I would like to use this graphic card by default on Windows (currently, the display of Google Chrome, my desktop ... is managed by the Intel GPU).

I found a tutorial to do that but It says to download AMD catalyst and to go in Graphics > Powerplay > Change Plugged In performances but I can't find this software on your website (only AMD Software is available).

Could you tell me how to do to solve my problem ?

Thanks for your answers

3 Replies

What you are seeing is old information. In Microsofts infinite wisdom current versions of Windows 10, switchable graphics are now controlled by Windows not your GPU driver or Radeon Settings. So the only controls you get are in "Windows Display Settings". 

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I selected high performance in all Windows Settings but I always have Intel to display Windows :

pastedImage_1.png

I don't understand why I don't have settings in AMD Catalyst Control Center : 

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

You really have not given your systems specs for anyone to be able to best answer. Regardless the driver you are posting is many generations old and has been a discontinued interface for many years. 

If your hardware can run the latest drivers do that. If not with the changes made by Microsoft and the subsequent changes to the AMD drivers because of them, it may be that your setup up is obsolete and may not work as intended. 

I would look into those latest drivers before deciding your out of luck.

Reply back with your System Secs and we can try to make a better educated guess at what to try.