I have seen that many people have had 5700xt issues. The majority hinking that the issue is the hardware or drivers but it could be something much simpler than all this, as it was the case for me. The issue that had me researching, installing, uninstalling, clean installing windows, and trying various driver versions was after all an easy fix. I am here to save you guys the headaches. If you are experiencing constant crashes, black screens, and occasional system reboots while gaming then try this solution.
Check your event viewer when you get the crash. If it says it’s the radeonsoftware.exe causing the error, or error code 0xc000374, or exception code 0xc0000005, or any error code caused by Radeonsofware.exe than its the application that is the issue. This solution for some reason is skipped by everyone on these forums, the AMD Radeonsoftware Adrenalin 2020 application is the issue! Not the drivers themselves. I recommend you to do this.
1. Uninstall all your drivers and remove the Radeonsofware Adrenalin application entirely. I recommend using (AMD Cleanup Utility)
2. Next, go back to AMDs drivers, and here’s the catch you can choose whichever you please, 20.4.2 worked for me. Download the driver again, and run.
3. Now you’re at the setup wizard for the drivers, where it says destination folder copy that entire text that says “Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-XXXX(DATE)”
4. Open up notepad and paste it there.(so you could find it easily) then just save it on your desktop and name it as you please.
5. Now that you have this saved driver location on your notepad, go back to the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 setup wizard and click install(this will begin the extraction process)
6. It will detect your system configuration, and then a second(actual install screen)will be prompted. THIS IS WHERE YOU HIT CANCEL do not install. Because we do not want the Adrenalin software just the drivers.
7.Open device manager go to display adapters, right-click “Microsoft Basic Display adapter” and choose Update Driver. Now choose browse my computer for driver software.
8. Open up your notepad from earlier(hopefully saved on desktop so you didn’t lose it )copy the “Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-XXXX(DATE)” and paste it in the text box.
9. Finally, click next and your drivers will be installed, you will experience the same flickers as if you were installing the adrenalin software and drivers. You will now have the updated drivers but not the software Adrenalin.
I hope this will help you, as I know how frustrating this can be to spend all this money on a product that should work properly. I am not good with coding, programming, or tinkering with my computer. I found this solution after weeks of headaches and diagnosing. Let me know how it goes, good luck!