perrymiau

AMD Relive quality is bad (screen record)

Discussion created by perrymiau on Apr 28, 2020
Latest reply on May 29, 2020 by esjohor

Hi guys,

Please check the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xnxULK6zks

Around second 10 you will observe that the image is stuttering for about 1 second. It`s like the video quality drops from 1080p to 360p. This behavior appears to appear at least once in a 10 second interval, sometimes more often (a few times inside a 10 second interval).

My PC setup is:

AMD Ryzen 3600X

MSI x570 Gaming Plus

16GB RAM 3200 MHZ CORSAIR

AMD Radeon RX 5700xt 50th anniversary

Cooler Silentium Spartan3 RGB

SSD Kingston A2000 1TB

Seasonic 650W PowerSource

The game I am playing is World of Warcraft - everything setup on ultra.

I checked the performance tab on the AMD software and during play + screen record i get the following loads:

GPU:

utilization - usually stays between 30% and 50% (very rarely jumps to 60%) the temperature is usualy at around 40C as i have a good airflow provided by 3 ventilators. The PC case is pretty large and prevents PC heat-up.

This behavior appears anytime i record my screen. It doesn`t matter if i just opened my pc or I have been playing for hours. I tried in CS GO the stutter isn`t that bad but the quality is not the same to what i am seeing inside the game.

Other details:

- I am using only 1 monitor

- The monitor was setup to 59Hz, moved it to 60Hz after a google search - same issue (monitor is viewsonig VA2231 seeries)

- I tried lowering/increasing the screen resolution and video bit rate in the AMD software - same issue at any change

- I lowered mouse Polling Rate (google search sugestion) from 500HZ to the minimum of 125HZ

- All the drivers are up to date

- Using Windows 10 and the computer is brand new (assembled about 2 weeks ago) and i am not experiencing any issues with it besides the screen recording explained in this topic.

Attached you will find pictures with my settings.

I spent hours on google searches in order to troubleshoot this issue but nothing seems to work. Please help!

Attachments

Outcomes