Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

guir
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 2700X missing backplate to fix Fan to motherboard

Hi,

I bought a processor AMD Ryzen7 2700x and a motherboard Rog Strix x470-F in second Hand

However, the guy who sold me these forgot to give me the backplate to fix the Heat sink Fan to the motherboard and a seems to refuse to send to me the missing stuff, asking me to come back to take it, but the lockdown's situation doesn't allow me to do so as I have to take the train, etc.  and I don't think that I will be able to go back and take the backplate...I even ask him to send me a picture of the missing piece to order it on a website, but he doesn't even send me this...
It is the first time I'm building my own computer, and I ask for help, I'd like to know which piece (backplate) I need to buy again in order to mount the processor to the motherboard

Thanks for your help

G

0 Likes
3 Replies

What is the Make & Model of your CPU Cooler for your Ryzen 7 2700X?

If it is a Stock CPU Cooler like the Wraith or a different Manufacturer?

Many new CPU Coolers you need to replace the Motherboard's back plate and brackets to make it fit. Others like the Wraith you don't.

You can order a regular AM4 Back plate with its bracket from most Online Retailers like Newegg or Amazon.

Here is an EXAMPLE ONLY from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/mounting-Bracket-Socket-Heatsink-1-Pack/dp/B07L1Q3XDS 

Hi

Thank you for the reply

It is an AMD cooler so I guess it is stock CPU cooler

Here is the refs of the:

AMD P/N:712-000075 Rev:A
When I write these references on my navigator, the first results are Wraith prism (but not with the same Rev, they are Rev:C when on my research web-page ). 

Given these informations and what I'm understanding, I guess it's ok to buy the regular back plate from the Amazon link you gave me in order to install the Fan?

Thanks

G

0 Likes

AMD bundles the Ryzen 7 2700X with the Wraith Prism RGB CPU Cooler which is a clip on cooler:

Yes it should work. This Youtube video actually shows the User installing the back plate and brackets for the Wraith Prism for a Ryzen 7 2700X CPU processor on the motherboard: R7 2700X Review, Install, Temps and using the Wraith Prism RGB - YouTube 

Take a close look at the brackets it is the same shown at Amazon for sale.

I seems like the original owner of the Motherboard was using a Non-Clip on CPU Cooler and needed to remove the original back plate to install the proper back plate for the Non-Clip on CPU Cooler. Probably lost it, threw it away or forgot to pack it with the motherboard when he sold it to you.

0 Likes