cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bscho
Journeyman III

ryzen 7 does not work

Just started making desktops last week and all are new items.

I have a Ryzen 7 3700X and a MSI B450M motherboard and the display does not  work on both sockets.

I have replaced the power supply 750 watt and the Motherboard to an Asus B450M.

No display at all with both boards all the lights on the board work but no display the fan rotates and lights up.

Any other tests that I may do?

I think the Ryzen 7 is faulty do you agree?

0 Likes
2 Replies

The Ryzen 7 3700X does not contain a GPU, so the display ports on your motherboard don't have anything to connect to. You will need a PCIe graphics card if you wish to continue using that CPU, or downgrade to a far weaker Ryzen 5 3400G or 3200G if you want to use the display ports on your motherboard.

Thanks for your quick reply. Never had a processor before without a GPU. Have bought 3 motherboards 2 at £70 and one £260 trying to make it work. Now I have bought 3 Radeon graphics at £45 the first I hope I will get tomorrow to have a display.

I have ordered a Ryzen 5 3200 for £89 so will make a second Desktop. This time from Amazon

Thanks for your answer. I have told the seller of the Ryzen 7 3700X to add a warning when offering these I hope he does I have spent two weeks trying to make it work. I hope I have a display tomorrow

0 Likes