cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

seajae
Adept I

3400G APU is garbage, 2 months old & cant handle a game

my new pc I built using a ryzen 5 3400G APU with built in graphics cant handle playing world of warplanes, the monitor looses signal everytime I try to play the game, pretty pissed off AMD didnt tell people that this APU cannot handle games and now I have to buy a video card to get it to handle games, what a total waste of money the APU was. Admittedly I bought it for mainly office/web site work but the fact it craps itself with a game is not good. AMD has obviously not been honest with the capabilities of it unless anyone can actually state why this happens, it is supposed to be able to handle this according to all the reviews on it.

ryzen 5 3400G APU

gigabyte aorus elite x570 mb

16gb corsair vengeance ram

650w corair modular psu

500gb ssd + 2gb HD

5 fans in thermaltake case

0 Likes
5 Replies

That processor does play that game as per this tech site: Tech Deals YouTube - Ryzen 3400G WoWs gameplay - General Game Discussion - World of Warships officia... 

This site gives you all the games that can be played and its performances: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G processor review: CPU specs, performance benchmarks 

World of Warships (2015)

High, 1920x108069.00
Ultra, 1920x108015.45
So if you are having problems with the games, try installing the latest APU driver from AMD Download page from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-g... 
Also make sure you have the latest BIOS & CHIPSET drivers installed from your Motherboard Download page or AMD Download page.
Have you tried various configurations for the game in Radeon Settings or the game itself?
0 Likes

thanks mate, world of warplanes not warships, it does handle world of tanks easily but not warplanes

0 Likes

Oops, Sorry about that. I thought I had copied the World of Warplane game.

0 Likes

if you want to play more demanding games, go find a discrete video card

The RX 5700 XT can handle games fine

0 Likes

looking at getting the gigabyte aorus rx570 4gb(match the MB)  or the msi rx570, dont really want to play games that much but want the pc to be able to  when I do, I would have bought a straight cpu and video card if I had known the latest apu couldnt handle basic games

0 Likes