AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX 5700 XT constant glitchy bsod's

Question asked by j03y098 on Apr 23, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2020 by mstfbsrn980

Hello all! Just yesterday I got myself a Sapphire Nitro + RX 5700 XT and so far it's been nothing but blue screens. I did a completely clean install of windows 10 and the moment I installed the adrenaline drivers, I got bsod. It got to the point that the moment that I attempted to install any other drivers for my motherboard, I got instant bsods EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. So my workaround was to DDU the drivers and install all other drivers and windows updates before the 5700 drivers. But again as soon as I installed the 5700 driver, crash. It seems to happen whenever I do anything that has to do with the system. Even changing the wallpaper caused a crash. I was able to play Doom Eternal without crashes though so there's that. I tried both 20.4.1 and 20.2.2 and both do the exact same thing so if anyone has any suggestions as to maybe some setting that I need to turn off or an older version that actually works, I'd greatly appreciate it. I have not changed any settings. Everything is stock so that's why I'm asking about changes to settings. I'm currently using a 1080p 60hz monitor and hdmi. Everything worked perfectly when I had my gtx 1060 and the gpu alone has no issues. It's purely a amd gpu driver or software issue.

Outcomes