AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD BUILD FREEZING

Question asked by mackaex on Apr 23, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2020 by mstfbsrn980

Hello, i recently buildt my self a new r9 3900x system with an asus rog strix b450-f mother board, 16 gb of corsair vengance 2666mhz and a rx 5700. and today the pc started freezing. first thing i did was unplug every new decive for the system, but that did not work. then i looked it up online, and i tried to disable global c-state, but that didnt work either. then i did a fresh install of windows but the issue is still there. Does not matter if it runs idle or under load, it just locks up and i have to reset it wither with power switch or with the reset button.

I am on the latest bios version, and i have tried to take out the ram sticks and inserting new ones, but the issue still is there. i have been building pc's for years now, but this really boggles my mind, and i have no clue how to fix it. has anyone managed to fix this issue? i see that other people on forums has the issue but that was back in 2017.. and the forum post just stops randomly. in advance, thank you if anyone bothers to respond

Outcomes