cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

maraven2001
Newcomer

Cards not working

I have a Radeon pro wx 3200 and a Radeon pro 2100.  They were both installed in fully  working setups, but now both are simply not working.

Radeon Pro WX 3200 was on a H81M-E33, motherboard, Ubuntu and Catalina, i7-4790S, 16 GB, 1 Tb SSD.

Radeon Pro WX 2100 was on a  GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, Debian, i5-3570K, 8Gb, 500 Gb SSD.

Nothing really complex or strange, but as of today none of the cards are working in either system.  Switched them back and forth a couple of times.

The main problem seems to be that the systems are not recognizing them properly now, when I boot the screen doe snot have the usual resolution, and when I go to BIOS, the H81M-E33 Bios not only won't show on screen properly, but it will say something about a "bin", can´t read it as it's not being displayed properly, after I try to change settings the display freezes, and I have to manually reboot or turn off turn on.  When I let it boot, it shows me Clover and both boot options but in a much lower resolution.  Then when booting to Catalina it crashes halfway and reboots, and when loading Ubuntu it loads in very low res and both the card and the display are not recognized.  Graphics are very low.  Removing the card, and booting from Integrated Intel Graphics, works perfect, for both OSs.  I tried flashing the latest BIOS for the motherboard, but nothing.

The  GA-Z77X-UD5H setup has a similar problem, boot graphics are low res, when choosing to enter BIOS, nothing shows up, when I let it boot to Debian, it boots but in very low graphics.  Same as above, displays and cards not recognized.  When removed all is well.  I have an NVidia card  Geforce GT710, that boots fine in both systems, granted I have to play with Clover for it to work in Catalina, but it does work fine, so it´s basically a Radeon related issue.

I can´t figure out the problem.  I had not updated anything or some time, and the cards, both worked fine this morning.

The only change I have made to the Ubuntu-Catalina system is that this afternoon I installed Plex in Catalina, could not get it to work, it froze, rebooted and right after rebooting from this I got this problem.  Then when I tried the other system's card it would not work either; and now the second card it´s not working now in its original system either.  So either both cards died on me simultaneously (highly improbable), or something/somehow got them stuck in a low res graphics mode as soon as I plugged them into the system.

Is there a way to reset the cards, or to make them work once again ??  I honestly have no idea what is going on, 10 hours ago both were working fine.  Help please.

Thanks

Manuel

0 Likes
0 Replies