tinchomdl

Ryzen 5 3600 (Freezing Issues)

Discussion created by tinchomdl on Apr 21, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 22, 2020 by tinchomdl

Hi, I've built my brand new pc 5 months ago and from the very begining I've been having problems.

The problem is that after using my pc for hours (sometimes 1 hour, sometimes 8) it seems that the clock of the cpu falls heavily (MSI Afterburner shows spikes between 4100 mhz and 1000 mhz, or even less, in the section of CPU Clock). It can happen both giving the cpu "heavy" work such as playing (I said "heavy" because it happens when playing DOta 2 at 100 fps which is not a big game) or just listening to music while using word. After that clock fall the only immediate solution i found was restarting the pc. There are also days that i don't have that freezing, it just runs well all day long. I've search in many places for a solution and i couldn't find it- I've also checked some things with CPU-Z. The temperature of the cpu on idle is about 50-60 °C (MSI Afterburner, which i didnt run while CPU-Z was running, shows spikes in temperature). The only weird and "dangerous-for-the-hardware" thing i've found was that the voltage of the cpu on idle was 1.4... V (also checked with CPU-Z). Please help me solve this, i've checked and tried everything that's in my hands.

Specs:

Power: Cooler Master 600W Masterwatt Lite 80+
Mother: ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS Gaming HDMI Aura Sync AM4
1x Solid Disc: SSD WD 480GB GREEN 545MB/s SATA
2x RAM: DDR4 8GB 3000MHz T-Force Vulcan Z Red
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 4.2GHz Turbo AM4 Wraith Stealth Cooler
2x Cooler FAN ID-Cooling XF-12025-SD Black
Graphics: ASUS GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB GDDR6 TUF GAMING OC

Everything with its warranty

Outcomes