cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

onthemoon
Journeyman III

Why is there no wattman in my radeon software? All I see is "Looking for global settings?"

I've been encountering a black screen flicker while playing games, this only happened after i purchased an RX580. I cant seem to find a solution, some suggest watman tuning but the software I have does not have it. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
nebula
Adept I

Hello! That's normal, Wattman is another software from AMD. You have Adrenalin 2020 or 2019, but to be sure go on "Settings" then "system" and click on "more detail". Can you see such things?pastedImage_1.png

Anyway, thanks to Adrenalin you can also do some tuning, just go on "performance" and then on "tunning".

But I think it will not resolve your problem of black flickering. It's a very common bug. Is this a new build? If not, were you using a NVIDA GPU before? If yes, it can be the problem, try "DDU" (display driver uninstaller). But also verify if windows / all drivers are updated.

Good luck! (:

0 Likes

Alright that makes a little more sense, I used afterburner on my previous card and tried to tweak around until I found a setting that would stop the flicker but nothing worked just hours of trial an error.

This is not a new build and I did in fact have an invidia GPU. I’ll have to look into DDU.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes