Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

abe07abe
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2600 High EDC on RM

Hello,

So am new to computer building and gaming and just like a lot of people I just cant seem to bring the EDC down(always between 92-99%) on my CPU I've tried from updating my BIOS to the latest MB and CPU drivers to messing around with Windows and Ryzen power plans. I even have all my plans set to minimum processor state to 5% and max processor state to 100%. (Note: when I bring MAX PROCESSOR STATE from 100% to 99% the EDC state goes down to avg 50-60% which is normal from what I've read). I just find that to be strange.

I have not overclocked and all my bios settings are stock, all though I have messed around with AMD cool n quite as well as the PBO turning them either on or off and with no avail. I've also tried flashing the bios as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction id greatly appreciate it. (GPU, CPU and MB all have the latest drivers)

Ryzen 5 2600

MSI Tomahawk B450 Max with latest bios 7C02v35

Crucial Balistix 8 GB DDR4 CL16 X4 all Ram slots used

EVGA 2060 Super

EVGA 80+ GD 600W

No hard drives only running 3 SSD's and 1 external

I will be posting a Screen Shoot of My RM settings (which are all stock) later on today.

Thanks again,

0 Likes
1 Solution
abe07abe
Journeyman III

Solved- MSI drivers conflicting with AMD drivers.(only install drivers from AMD if you don't want high EDC.)

Note: apparently background apps have a tendency to constantly load the processer it clearly shows on EDC in RM. Just close start up apps and keep everything you don't need to a minimum. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
abe07abe
Journeyman III

Solved- MSI drivers conflicting with AMD drivers.(only install drivers from AMD if you don't want high EDC.)

Note: apparently background apps have a tendency to constantly load the processer it clearly shows on EDC in RM. Just close start up apps and keep everything you don't need to a minimum. 

0 Likes