cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

leche0
Journeyman III

Can't Download Drivers or Attempt to fix (with amd's common driver issues)

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Radeon RX 5700 XT
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • No GPU drivers
  • Display Devices
    • e.g. Dell S2719DGF (2560 x 1440) @155Hz DP
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI Bios Version 1.40
  • CPU/APU
    •  AMD RYZEN 5 3600X
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair RM750 Gold
  • RAM
    • 16GB

I cant exactly install or try to fix my driver due to it constantly crashing with a BSOD error, typically Memory_Management. When I try to download the 5700 xt drivers, midway through it i get a BSOD. Then i went to the recommended "Troubleshooting Common AMD Graphics Driver Installation Problems" Post and tried "Run the Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) and System File Checker (SFC) tools as Administrator" in which both give me a BSOD when i try to run both of them. Not too sure what to do now, would like some help. -thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies

lots of Memory_Management BSOD could be due to defective RAM MEMORY.

Run MEMTEST86 for 2 or 3 passes. It should show zero errors.

When I had a defective RAM stick and ran MEMTEST86, before the first pass was completed, I had thousands of errors.

Through process of elimination I found the defective RAM Stick and removed it and all my BSODs stopped.

NOTE: you can remove all the RAM Sticks from your motherboard and just leave one RAM Stick installed and see if you get anymore BSOD unless the one you leave installed is defective.

wow, thanks. last thing i expected it to be but this worked!

0 Likes

What worked? One stick of RAM MEMORY?

This very recent Windows Tech site gives several troubleshooting tips on how to fix Memory_Management BSODs: How do I fix the memory management error on Windows 10? 

0 Likes