My system randomly freezes on linux and BSODs on windows.
CPU/APU: Ryzen 5 2400g (Graphics not used)
GPU: saphire radeon nitro+ rx580
Motherboard: Asrock B450m pro4 (Version P3.50)
RAM: Dualkit G. SKill F4-3000C16D-16GISB 2x8GB (16GB)
Power supply: Be Quiet Pure Power 10 400W 80+ silver
Tested on OS/Distro:
- Windows 10: Bluescreen
- Arch Linux with default kernel: Freeze
- Arch Linux with lts kernel: Freeze
- Gentoo with fully custom kernel and built-in firmware for GPU and CPU: Freeze
I use linux as my daily drive, so sorry if i can't provide windows-related information.
Random Bluescreens, mainly while Browsing. (Never had a crash while Gaming)
- System either freezes to death (hard reboot required) or
- Becomes unable to do anything, while still running and partially working. Trying to shutdown the system results in freeze (Probably because the xorg-server freezes)
- Compiled custom kernel with built-in firmware for the rx580 and amd-microcode (for the cpu)
- Reset Bios and check for:
- Disabled C-States: Disabled by default
- Power Supply Idle Control: Set to "Typical current Idle"