Drivers & Software

brunofigueiredo
Journeyman III

Error atikmdag.sys AMD Radeon HD 7400M Windows 10

Good afternoon,
System: Windows 10 Pro - Installed from scratch
HP Pavilion dv7
CPU - i7
Ram - 8GB Graphics - intem HD 3000 + AMD Radeon HD 7400M (Attention: Before the upgrade to win 10 was AMD Radeon HD 6490M)
My PC is restarting in a loop. Message: System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD Error: atikmdag.sys This is due to a new windows update.
2 days ago it was working correctly but now it shows Error.
IMG_20200415_222806.jpg Procedures already performed:
- I have already uninstalled both cards and reinstalled through the device manager (automatically update the driver), successfully installs the Intel card and changes the resolution (1024x768 -> 1600x900) but Windows when making the automatic update of the 7400 the error occurs.
- I did exactly the same procedure above but before Windows automatically installed the 7400 driver I installed the latest AMD driver for this card (7400M) and for this Operating System (Win10 x64) - The error occurs again when trying to change the resolution of the screen.
This message appears after a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro. This device is not working properly because windows cannot load the necessary drivers for the device (code 31) The controller that you are trying to start is not the same as the controller for the graphics card contained in POST
IMG_20200416_123228.jpg
From my investigation I deduce that the problem is in this driver in particular since it is a switchable graphics system.
I hope your help because this way it is difficult to work. Thank you.
0 Likes
1 Reply

The problem is the Intel HD3000 graphics. It does not meet the minimum requirements of Win10 and is not supported.

https://community.amd.com/thread/190079 

Some ideas here:

AMD Radeon HD 7650M and switchable graphics