Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lekkhann
Journeyman III

MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Black Screen

Good day all,

I am experiencing an black screen issue whereby i am trying to install the driver for AMD RADEON - MSI HD R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC. I even reformatted the computer for this installation. At always about 70% during installation, the pc becomes non responsive to even numpad and a black screen stays until i force restart. I have tried installing for 5 - 6 times. I have managed to get a picture just before the black screen. PC was running fine previously but i couldn't remember which version of the driver was used. PC is also running perfectly fine without install driver.

I have tried 

1) Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 Optional
2) Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Recommended (WHQL)

3) I have updated to the latest windows 10 Pro 1909

4) Factory Install Option

5) Reformatting PC

Please help!

Thanks in adv!

0 Likes
5 Replies
idbm
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem. But I got some questions: What's your PSU? How many watts it has? You solved this yet? 

0 Likes

No... I have contacted their support but nothing helps and i gave given up.. 

0 Likes

Yeah same here I tried changing bios and everything. I'ma use a higher-watt PSU and see if that works. I knew I should've went with the gtx instead of this!!! 

0 Likes

I'll also try using a heat gun on it and see if that works

0 Likes

I honestly don't think its a hardware issue... I feel that the driver is the one with issues. I was running fine the previous version until i reformatted my PC. The issue is i can't seem to remember which driver was i using..

0 Likes