cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

evolove
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 3650X not posting, 2 different mobos

So my plan was to run 2019 Datacenter on this box. I figured I could set up some fun VMs from a Steam Link server, Minecraft server for my kids, IIS server, back up, media, VR, etc. So I put together the build the first time around after cleaning up the cables nice and no post with the Asus board. Did the full rotation on video cards, memory, M2, connections and nothing. So I went out and grabbed the MSI board today, I went messy slapped on power, CPU, Mem, video, case buttons. No post, CPU LED lit. So I'm hoping that it isn't the CPU and that there is some BIOS update or something, but I haven't bought AMD for a while as every time I go AMD GPU or CPU there are weird issues. But for what I want to do I need the max cores currently held by AMD. But I am tired of banging my head against the wall trying to get this to even let me into the BIOS. I'm hoping someone here has some insight on the issue or may see something I overlooked. I have tried a 980GTX TI and an old 750TI and an old 5870 as I heard there were some issues with some boards and newer cards particularly the ASUS board.
Ryzen 9 3650X
MSI - MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (Socket AM4) USB-C Gen2 AMD Motherboard
&
ASUS - TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) (Socket AM4) USB-C Gen2 AMD Motherboard with LED Lighting
CORSAIR - Dominator Platinum RGB 64GB (4PK 16GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory Kit - Black
Thermaltake - ToughPower Grand RGB 850W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black

Thermaltake - View eATX Full-Tower Case - Black
Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 120mm Processor Liquid Cooling System with RGB Lighting - Black
1x - Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 1TB Internal PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe) Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology
4x - RAID5 (planned) Toshiba - 4TB Internal SATA Hard Drive for Desktops

Thanks!
EvolovE

0 Likes
1 Reply

Since this happened on two different Motherboards seems like you received a defective CPU.

Open an online AMD Warranty Request and see if they need you to RMA your processor for a replacement from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

The Asus motherboard requires BIOS version 0602 to be installed to recognize your Ryzen 9 3650 processor: TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) CPU Support | Motherboards | ASUS USA 

In fact your motherboard supports that processor with the original BIOS version which is 0602.

The MSI Motherboard supports your Ryzen 9 with the following BIOS version or later: Support For MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI G... 

Like Asus BIOS version MSI BIOS version that supports your processor is the Original BIOS version of the motherboard.

So this also is a good indication you have a defective processor.

NOTE: Make sure you processor is not physically damaged like with bent or broken pins which is not covered by AMD Warranty.

0 Likes