cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

trek
Elite

Freesync does not work

I have tried to verify that feesync is working with my monitor, so I downloaded Nvidia pendulum demo, because AMD does not officially provide any such a demo and with Nvidia pendulum demo I see tearing even if I enable freesync.

Does anybody know how to make freesync work and how to test it?

4 Replies

If it's enabled in your monitor's OSD, and enabled in Radeon Settings, then it's working.

0 Likes

It is enabled in monitor and also in Radeon Settings, but it is not working. There is massive tearing in test application - there is simple vertical bar that is traveling left to right and freesync should make this movement smooth but is it not, there is massive tearing.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Try testing some games instead. 

0 Likes

I made incorrect testing having incorrect assumptions. I have not studied freesync details, I believed that it somehow works but it does not. My monitor has freesync range only 55-75Hz, so freesync is pretty pointless with my monitor.

Nvidia pendulum demo application works perfectly and I was able to verify freesync works. I also created custom monitor resolution ans was able to override freesync range to 35-75Hz.

I will however not use freesync or any monitor overclocks due to ailing Radeon drivers, I will use everything stock to avoid crashes and system hangs.