AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ryzen 5 3600 Random BSODs and Resets

Question asked by doctorshepard on Apr 12, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 8, 2020 by betogaro

So after months of troubleshooting and RMAs, I am officially at a loss of what to do. Ever since I built this machine last August I have had random BSODs and hard resets a few times a week at random use cases, middle of gaming as well as idle or just browsing the web. The BSODs have random bugcheck codes, never identifying an actual driver, always ntoskrnl.exe, and the resets that are interspersed always fail to create a minidump. I think I can recreate the crashes instead of waiting for days at a time as the system always hard resets around 8 minutes into running with driver verifier turned on along with random bugcheck codes in event viewer, again no dumps as it fails to create the dump files. Here's my system config:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
• Motherboard: MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge WiFi
• GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
• RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8) 3600 MHz C18
• CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Black
• PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ 80+ Gold
• No peripherals except for keyboard and mouse, which I have tried multiple of

And here is a list of troubleshooting and RMAs I already have tried:

• General driver debugging

• RAM memtest for 12 hours, 0 errors
• Tried another set of Corsair Vengeance LPX memory at 2133 MHz
• Both XMP and non-XMP
• No overclocks
• Tried different GPU (GTX 660)
• Replaced ssd with new clean nvme ssd with brand new windows install
• Replaced all power cables
• RMA'd CPU
• RMA'd Motherboard

• RMA'd PSU
• Tried earlier BIOS version
• Tried manual RAM timings

• Tried different power plans and various Windows settings

None of these changes stopped the system from hard resetting around 8 minutes into running with driver verifier on. Which kinda baffles me since I pretty much have replaced the entire system at this point except for trying out a new brand of RAM sticks or switching out the CPU cooler. I have no idea where to go from here, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Outcomes