cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tarisava
Adept I

How to enable my integrated graphics card in the BIOS?

Hello, i'm using amd radeon rx 570 8gb and amd ryzen 3 3200g.so i have next problem :

I can not change the video card in amd software and when i'm choosing 2n'd GPU (rx 570) it changed againon GPU1 (ryzen) pls; help 
0 Likes
1 Solution

Please give me your Computer Information - Make & Model of your Motherboard and Windows version and AMD Driver version currently installed.

Open Windows Device Manager and go to DISPLAY ADAPTER. See if you see any errors or Yellow exclamation marks. If you do please post a photo or image in your next reply.

But you still can double check in BIOS to make sure the Graphics Adapter is on "AUTO".

Each Motherboard's BIOS settings are slightly or completely different.

Just go through all the Bios settings and sub settings especially if you have a ADVANCED MODE section and see if you find it.

This tech site gives you an idea on where to look for that BIOS Setting: How to Disable an On-Board Graphics Card in BIOS | Chron.com 

In my Asus Sabertooth 990FX BIOS Setting it is under "ADVANCED MODE" and this is how it looks like:

In other BIOS the setting might be PEG/IGD. My Asus is PEG/PCI. 

• PEG = PCI Express Graphics, aka your R9 graphics card

• IGD = Integrated Graphics Device, aka your iGPU on the CPU

Your Motherboard Manufacturer may have a slightly different nomenclature than what Asus is showing.

When you find it make sure it is either on "AUTO" or PEG/PCI or PEG/IGD or similar. Best to leave it on "AUTO" as default. But if it is on IGD/PEG or PCI/PEG you need to change it to "AUTO".

When in "AUTO" then BIOS will make your IGPU the Main Graphics Adapter when you remove the GPU Card. But as soon as you install a GPU Card, BIOS again will make that the Main Graphics Adapter automatically.

If in BIOS it is on "AUTO" then you need to troubleshoot more to find out why it isn't being shown as the Main Graphic Adapter in Radeon Settings.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Go into BIOS and make sure the Main GPU Adapter is set on "AUTO" or PEG instead of IGPU.

in which tab i can see this?

0 Likes

Please give me your Computer Information - Make & Model of your Motherboard and Windows version and AMD Driver version currently installed.

Open Windows Device Manager and go to DISPLAY ADAPTER. See if you see any errors or Yellow exclamation marks. If you do please post a photo or image in your next reply.

But you still can double check in BIOS to make sure the Graphics Adapter is on "AUTO".

Each Motherboard's BIOS settings are slightly or completely different.

Just go through all the Bios settings and sub settings especially if you have a ADVANCED MODE section and see if you find it.

This tech site gives you an idea on where to look for that BIOS Setting: How to Disable an On-Board Graphics Card in BIOS | Chron.com 

In my Asus Sabertooth 990FX BIOS Setting it is under "ADVANCED MODE" and this is how it looks like:

In other BIOS the setting might be PEG/IGD. My Asus is PEG/PCI. 

• PEG = PCI Express Graphics, aka your R9 graphics card

• IGD = Integrated Graphics Device, aka your iGPU on the CPU

Your Motherboard Manufacturer may have a slightly different nomenclature than what Asus is showing.

When you find it make sure it is either on "AUTO" or PEG/PCI or PEG/IGD or similar. Best to leave it on "AUTO" as default. But if it is on IGD/PEG or PCI/PEG you need to change it to "AUTO".

When in "AUTO" then BIOS will make your IGPU the Main Graphics Adapter when you remove the GPU Card. But as soon as you install a GPU Card, BIOS again will make that the Main Graphics Adapter automatically.

If in BIOS it is on "AUTO" then you need to troubleshoot more to find out why it isn't being shown as the Main Graphic Adapter in Radeon Settings.

Okay man thx for ur help I just changed igfx on "Hybride" and noe my PC using 2 videocards (integrated and 2nd).Again thx u i hope my pc never will broke again

LoL, too much of a headache to get it working again or to expensive to have it fixed.

I hope your computer doesn't break either.

Take care.

0 Likes

i still can't

my specs :

GPU :ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 5470 

CPU: INTEL i5 CORE 480M   2,66Ghz

RAM : 4GB

PC: Emachines e732zg (Upgraded)

BIOS: InsydeH2O Ver 1.11 (with modded bios) if i dont have it , i won't able to change to discrete or igpu

0 Likes

You have to use special drivers as these are mobility parts. 

You should be able to find them on the manufacture's site, which includes a app with allows you to switch between the two 

0 Likes

I CANT FIND THEM FROM THERE

Download Center ( ALL Products ) (emachines.com)

and my model is e732 

it  is WiMax Drivers

0 Likes

Press "Del" to load the BIOS on startup.
then Select "Exit/Advanced Mode,"
then "Advanced Mode."
Go to the "Advanced" tab.
Scroll to "System Agent Configuration" and then press "Enter." 
Select "Initiate Graphics Adapter" and then press "+" or "-" to change the value.

0 Likes

I am facing same issue because in an integrated Graphics card the video editing quality is too low. That is why I can use low-quality photo editor inshot pro hacked version download 2022 for low graphics card,

0 Likes