Describe your system:
- AMD Graphics Card
- Radeon RX 5700XT Red Dragon 8GB
- Operating System
- Driver version installed
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 19.8.1
- Display Devices
- VG248 Display port 144hz
- Alienware2210 60Hz HDMI
- Motherboard + Bios Revision
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8GB, 3000MHz
Describe your issue:
- PC Crashes whenever under load and sometimes when not under load, but less frequently.
- With new OS system on a fresh SSD (M2.0), installed latest AMD Drivers and tried out a game - crashed instantly.
- I stress tested and watched the GPU - temps shot up to 90 deg C within a minute of the stress test, so something wasn't right. (stress tested with GPUZ)
- I uninstalled drivers with DDU, replaced GPU with my old GTX770 and tried it out. Performed the same stress tests without any issues and could play the same games without issues.
- Uninstalled drivers with DDU, replaced GPU back to the 5700XT.
- Then after checking some posts on the forums, I installed an older driver version (19.8.1).
- Then ran stress test with Furmark and the card was stable at 75 deg C, so working better.
- Then started up a game (APEX Legends) and it crashed again.
- The crash involves instant black screen and reboot of the PC. No crash logs or warnings.
- The game works fine until it crashes and shows no issues.
- USER Benchmark for any extra info: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/26522168