cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gui778899
Journeyman III

Graphic card change

I want to change my computer GPU in order to get higher FPS in fortnite, like 90Fps or more.

My computer is this one:

CPU-AMD A10-7860K APU (2014 D.Ka)/

GPU-AMD Radeon R7 Graphics /

SSD-Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/

RAM-Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600 C9 1x8GB

PSU-Kolink Core 700W

I was thinking to chance the GPU to get higher FPS in Fortnite and i would change it for the: Radeon RX 580 Special Edition (Sapphire Nitro+) 8GB It is a good change or it won't work?

I don't know if the CPU won't let the GPU work correctly...

What do you think..... I should get other GPU or it won't work?

0 Likes
2 Replies

I'm thinking a very slow CPU, off brand PSU which is, at best, a 600w unit, and the fact you only have a single RAM stick, that upgrading the GPU is a BAD IDEA, and won't do anything to solve your problem. You need to upgrade your entire system.

0 Likes
firetemper
Journeyman III

Despite other comments, yes a GPU will help your overall performance in your system. I've seen people using a KOLINK power supply running a 1060 with an i7 7700k. If your PSU has the necessary PCIE connections to power that card then go for it. Your CPU may bottleneck it, but that's fine until you get enough money for a platform change to something like Ryzen.

I recommend looking at the Ryzen 5 1600, specifically the 12nm refresh of that chip. It's a great bang for the buck CPU at $85 for what is essentially a 2600.

Happy gaming.

0 Likes