cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

stevob999
Journeyman III

Is the AMD Ryzen 3 3200G compatible with a Lenovo M715q (serial number S4FH1566)

I want to update the CPU in this PC.   If the AMD Ryzen 3 3200G is not compatible, which CPU are compatiable

This is 1st gen Lenovo M715q

Socket is AM4

Ram is DDR4

The motherboard is 01LM610 AMD,BR CSDP,W10 loT (I am not sure if you need all of this)

Further details of this Lenovo are here, including motherboard etc... https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/m715q/10ra/10ras00c00/s4fh1566/parts/display/as-built

0 Likes
2 Replies

No, your computer doesn't support that Ryzen APU.

You have a Lenovo OEM Motherboard. So you need to open a Lenovo Support ticket to find out what processors are supported by your Lenovo Motherboard.

Went to Lenovo Support and found this webpage for Compatible Parts for your computer. Inputted your Lenovo Serial Number and it just shows 9 Processors that are compatible with your computer: desktops and all in ones :: thinkcentre m series desktops :: m715q :: 10ra :: 10ras00c00 :: s4fh1566... 

Best bet is open a Lenovo Support ticket and make sure your computer will support the processor you choose and with what BIOS Version you need.

This is the Lenovo Support Driver download page for your computer: desktops and all in ones :: thinkcentre m series desktops :: m715q :: 10ra :: 10ras00c00 :: s4fh1566... 

EDIT: Needed to change all the information because I didn't realize you posted your Lenovo's Serial Number which was extremely helpful.

What an amazing answer, thank you very much

0 Likes