cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ahsan555
Adept I

Is AMD Ryzen 3 2200G discontinued

So, I am planning to buy the AMD Ryzen 3 2200G but I want to know that is it still available or is it discontinued?

0 Likes
5 Replies

It was discontinued when the Ryzen 3200G was released. It's still available in some stores though until their inventory clears.

Thanks, didn't realize that. Will delete my previous answer.

EDIT: Even though the APU is discontinued but AMD still supports the Vega 8 Graphics with up to date latest AMD Drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-g... 

It is better to just get the Ryzen 3 3200G APU instead if you can afford it.

I was planning to get a B450 motherboard with it, because I am trying to build a budget pc, and  Ryzen 3 3200G isn't supported by it out of the box. You need to flash your bios . Some B450 motherboards do support Ryzen 3000 series out of the box but they are expensive. Can you suggest me a cheap motherboard that supports Ryzen 3 3200G out of the box as well as Radeon Vega 8 Graphics.

0 Likes

When a Motherboard is manufactured it installs the latest version of BIOS at that time. Need to look for the Motherboard's Retail box saying it will support 3rd generation processors.

This MSI X450 supports the Ryzen 3200G with a BIOS Version out of the box: Support For B450 GAMING PLUS MAX | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

This is the X450 CPU SUPPORT LIST: Support For B450 GAMING PLUS MAX | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

This is all the BIOS versions to download from MSI Support for your motherboard: Support For B450 GAMING PLUS MAX | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

If you noticed that the Original Motherboard BIOS version is the same as for the BIOS version needed to support the Ryzen 3200G. So that particular Motherboard should support your Ryzen 3200G out of the box and is relatively cheap compared to the X470 Motherboards: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com. Cost 105.00 dollars.

For about 10.00 dollars more you can purchase a better MSI X450 Tomahawk Motherboard that also supports your 3200G out of the box with the original BIOS version: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX AM4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com 

But you can google yourself to find a motherboard that will be within your budget  The above was just two examples where the Motherboard BIOS version supports your 3200G out of the box.

0 Likes

This was helpful.Thanks!

0 Likes