snyk04
Journeyman III

Low FPS in Metro Exodus after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 RX 560 2GB

PC spec:
AMD FX-6100
AMD RX 560 2 GB
RAM 8 GB 1866 MHz (2 channels)
Game installed on HDD

When my system was running on Win 7 I had something like 50-60 fps in Metro Exodus. After upgrading: when i start to play I have the same 50-60 fps, but after few minutes it drops to 10-20 fps and becomes unplayable. I've reinstalled Windows 10 again, deleted old drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), and installed new version from official amd site, also checked for viruses, nothing. Another games like, for example, The Witcher 3 run without any problem. This is problem with driver, or I better go to Metro developpers support forum?

1 Reply
djomla2000
Journeyman III

I have the very same problem because of Windows 10 and the game with same RX 560 2GB. I will try my gpu on windows 7 as soon as I can because my current Athlon 3000G supports only Windows 10 so I can't test Windows 7 on it but I have Intel C2Q Q9300 laying around so I will try with that and windows 7 when I have time. I barely found video with RX 560 2GB tests because almost all are 4GB tests but here Radeon RX 560 4GB и RX 560 2GB в актуальных играх 2020-го: Пора на покой? - YouTube  you can see that in Metro 2GB version struggles very mich. Bad optimization of the game and conflict with win10 is probably the reason 2GB RX 560 is handicapped in the game. I hope you fix the problem and if you do reply here

0 Likes