AnsweredAssumed Answered

Have stopped supporting HD 8570M? I can only install AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Win10-64bit from your website, but any later version than that is producing error 43.

Question asked by smithangshu on Apr 8, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2020 by smithangshu

Hi AMD,

I am using Lenovo G510 with AMD HD 8570M. I am trying to update my driver but does not work at all with the latest version of the Adrenaline Driver for my graphics card series. Before writing here, I tried every possible steps mentioned in this forum as well as in internet. I tried with latest Adrenaline driver after completing all windows update. I took following steps.

1) DDU to uninstall the current driver version for integrated intel and amd from safe mode with internet turned off. My intel graphics driver was showed as MS Basic Display. And the amd was like unknown device in device manager.

2) Deleted AMD folder in C:

3) Then installed intel driver first then reboot the system.

4) I tried to install latest Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.2.2-Mar5 that installed successfully then rebooted but in device manager it shows AMD Radeon R5 M200 / HD 8500M Series but with Error 43.

5) Then again I started from step 1 and on step 4 I installed AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Win10-64bit that I had downloaded earlier from AMD website. And rebooted then in device manager it shows AMD Radeon R5 M200 / HD 8500M Series but there is no error. 

I also did the same with AMD Uninstall Utility but it produced the same result.

So, my question is I can see that only Catalyst version of the driver is working except that nothing else is working, but the latest version of Catalyst is itself 5 years old, that does not support the Vulkan Technology but in AMD website I checked that that my gpu does support it, so because of this incompatible driver I am unable to take advantage of newer technology even I have the hardware installed that supports it. So can you please tell me what should I do? Or did you stop supporting it practically everything else is in theory?

Outcomes