cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hawkx
Journeyman III

How Long Is The Boot Kit Request Process?

Hi all,

Recently purchase Asus x470 Prime Pro, expecting it to be 3rd Gen ready only to find out the 3rd party supplier (through Amazon) sent me an old revision of the board (Rev 1.02 to be exact), and is therefore not compatible with my Ryzen 5 3600.

I submitted a Boot Kit Request 06/04/20, ticket no:[8200953543], and was wondering how long the process is? I've only received the automated response so far.

I'm only asking as I'm considering purchasing an older model CPU that is compatible with my MTB. And on that note, how can I tell which CPUs I can use with my motherboard without knowing the BIOS version? Is it safe to assume that 2nd Gen and below is compatible?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies

"how can I tell which CPUs I can use with my motherboard without knowing the BIOS version? Is it safe to assume that 2nd Gen and below is compatible?"

I can't answer your first part of the question, possibly AMD Moderator can find out for you.

As for the second part of your question which I quoted above,

There is no way of knowing what CPU is supported by your Motherboard without knowing the BIOS version.

Each Motherboard has a CPU Support list that shows which Processors with which BIOS version you need for the Motherboard to support it and recognize it.

Here is your Motherboard's CPU Support list: PRIME X470-PRO CPU Support | Motherboards | ASUS USA 

You didn't mention which 3rd generation CPU you had so I am showing a Partial list of your Motherboard's CPU Support List.

The BIOS that I circled it the minimum BIOS version you need installed for that processor to be supported and recognized.

0 Likes

Seems like BIOS Version 0222 was the original Motherboard BIOS when it first came out.

So if you can purchase any cheap processor that has BIOS version 0222 should work no matter which BIOS version you have installed since Bios version 0222 is the first BIOS made for your motherboard.

0 Likes
techjunky90
Journeyman III

Did you end up buying a cpu/apu? I am in the same boat as you.

0 Likes

Got a reply within 2 days, sent the required photos as per the email showing:

• Image of CPU itself (not box/packaging) with no thermal paste so you can see the die,
  • Image of mobo model and product no.
  • AMD also want proof that you have tried to get help from your mobo manufacturer, ASUS in my case. I sent a copy of an email along with the images showing that I had already tried through ASUS, but ASUS recommended the AMD Boot Kit.

Got another reply within 2 days that the boot kit was sent. In the email attachments there was a prepaid return label, where I had to book a collection from my address with the courier. 10/10 for AMD from me on this one.