After countless hours of scanning many forums I am still unable to get my Dell S3220DGF to display 1440p @144hz.
- AsRock Z97 Pro4
- XFX R9 280x
What I've done:
- Reset the monitor
- Updated to latest GPU and monitor drivers
- Tried several HDMI and 1.2 DP cables both of which supposed to run 1440p @ 144hz (link)
- Disconnected secondary displays
- Tried different presets, including turning FreeSync on and off
- Unplugging and plugging the cable back in, restarting after making changes
- From what I researched, my GPU should be able to output 1440p @ 144hz, correct?
- My GPU does not support FreeSync, correct?
- What else can I try to make this work?
- Can the monitor be defective?
I am inclined to return the monitor despite liking it. My dilemma is whether I should consider keeping it even I can’t get this to work for a prospect of using its features when I upgrade my GPU in the future.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.