AnsweredAssumed Answered

NITRO+ RX 580 8G Special Edition - Screen or video turns off when I reach 76º with furmark

Question asked by temistocles on Apr 6, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2020 by temistocles

Hi guys, I am testing a used video card, the seller says it has had little use but I'm not sure, the people lies all time.

The tests:

1. Furmark with default ventilation (without control softwares) when the card reaches 76º, after a few seconds, the video signal stops and I must to restar my PC to obtain video again.

2. Furmark with controlled ventilation with msi afterburner, the card reaches maximum 67º-68º (fan speed 100%) for 10 minutes without problems.

3. Playing red dead redemption 2 with ultra-high graphics for considerable time and with controlled ventilation with afterburner, 66º approx and the card is fine.

As I can see, this card stops working at 76º or 77º and I would like to know if this is normal or this card is bad or has been mistreated. I am confused because there are people who say that they can get temperatures of 80º and 90º and it seems that their cards work without stopping.

Obviously I always try to maintain a temperature below 70º using the ventilation control but I am concerned to know that this card always stops working at 76º.

Coincidentally when I check the bios in GPU-Z, I can find a value called "Temperature Target 77°" What does this mean? Is this a safety limit? An automatic shutdown or something?

Thanks I hope your help.

Attachments

Outcomes