cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kirihigo
Journeyman III

RX Vega constantly blackscreen

Hey everyone I am using the RX Vega 56 Sapphire Nitro+ and latetly it always crashes when playing games.

This problem came out nowhere but happened after I updated driver to 20.2.2 and later. 

Of course I rolled back with DDU to an older driver (19.12.1) which worked in the past but now any driver shows this behavior.

1. I play a game for like 30 min.

2. Blackscreen appears -> Monitor lose signal but sound is still there.

3. Have to restart my pc.

Last year I had the same issue but back then it was my PSU which was the problem where one contact of the PCI-E was literally melted inside the PSU.

Therefore I checked my PSU and all cables which looks okay, updated BIOS and clean installed Windows but nothing seems to help?

Does anyone experience the same issue? I looked to the driver notes of 20.4.1 and there was multiple times mentioned that there occurs black screens but if its only the driver why didn't a rollback to an older driver help?

Note: In the reliability center of windows I found ''APPCRASH'' of the Radeonsoftware. (more in the picture below)

My system specs:

X470 Gaming Plus

Vega 56 Sapphire Nito+

Ryzen 2600x

PSU: Enermax Platimax D.F 750W

0 Likes
4 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If you have a stable gaming experience even for 30 minutes, performing 100Mhz underclock to GPU core frequency with WattMan can reduce the frequency of errors.

0 Likes
warsun
Challenger

Or another option.

Uninstall your driver an install this one. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-9-1 

Remember to set your current one to Default before doing this.

0 Likes
cukrosbacsi
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue with rx 580 Sapphire Nitro+ the last 2019 driver update was extremely stable, really no complaints there but since i updated it to 20.2.2 the problem is constant, even if i am undervolting/undercloking/downgrading to 2019 driver, try disabling Freesync i think it worked for me but i can't tell surely because these crashes are random.

0 Likes
kirihigo
Journeyman III

Thank you guys for your reply.

I made some error analysis. Testing out different hardware and unfortunately for me it's seems to be the PSU again but without having any visible damage as last time. Having installed a different PSU for 3 days now and no blackscreen so far.