cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

shrek1073
Journeyman III

I need some advice

this is what i have, Radeon Software Version - 17.12 Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics Memory Size - 1024 MB Memory Type - DDR3 Core Clock - 720 MHz Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit) System Memory - 8 GB CPU Type - AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C 6G. what do i need to change for newer games, was going to increase ram to 16 or 32, but need to know if cpu or graphics card need to be changed also.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Adding more RAM Memory and updating to the latest AMD APU Driver will definitely help in playing newer games especially if you are not using a GPU Card and just your integrated Graphics.

Found this Quora where Users post the type of games that works on their PC's with the A8-7600 APU: What are the best games for my PC with APU AMD A8 7600 (Quad Core, Integrated Radeon R7 graphics) an... 

This Gaming Website lets you know what games you can actually play depending on your PC requirements: Can You RUN It | Can I Run It | Can My PC Run It 

BUT for today's latest games, the best way is by installing a separate GPU card which are more powerful than your APU.

thank you for the help, i will look into a gpu card 

Make sure you have available a PCIe x 16 x 16/8 Motherboard slot. Some GPU cards are 2 slots wide.

Your Computer case is large enough for the latest GPU card to fit in.

But the most important hardware you need to make sure your PSU is powerful enough for the GPU card you might purchase in the future.

Also the APU processor, depending on the GPU card you get, may throttle your GPU card under load.

Just some things to consider when buying a GPU card.

warsun
Challenger

Uninstall your driver an install this one. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-9-1 

0 Likes