onurhazar

RX 5700XT Downclocking, Stuttering at Black Desert Online

Discussion created by onurhazar on Apr 1, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2020 by onurhazar

Hello everyone,

I am almost start to lose my mind. I recently bought RX5700xt upgrading from 1050ti. As I expect it should be huge upgrade but sad part is RX5700xt is worse than my old poor 1050ti.

I am only playing Black Desert Online and almost tried everything to resolve downclocking. When i play the game GPU SCLK always hangs around 800-1000MHz and it causes huge fps drops in game and stutters.

I tried almost every possible solution that I find.

Fresh Windows install, chipset update, old driver, new driver, bios update, in game configs, software configs, limiting min clock speed to 1800Mhz etc etc. A lot more that I can not even remember.

I tried CS GO and Rise of The Tomb Raider. There are no problems with it. CS-GO 250 fps and SCLK locks itself to 1900MHz, Tomb Raider 120+ with highest settings that game offer with DX12 and again SCLK locks itself around 1900MHz.

But games such as BDO, Battlerite. GPU always downclock itself no matter what settings I set. GPU does not want to push itself to its limits. Like I do not care your gaming man, I will save power.

I have 144Hz 1ms delay monitor. Also tried setting it 120hz, 75hz, 60hz, same problem. 

Also in game I found 2 people that has RX 5700xt and they do not have this problem. I copied their settings but it did not solve problem either. One of them was does not even know what software he was using but playing so smoothly. 

System: MSI Radeon RX 5700xt Gaming, Ryzen 5 3600x, Gigabyte B450 Gaming X, 700W supply. 

I am really starting to lose my mind and I need a fix. Is it only related with software? Can my card be a broken one? Is there solution for this? It is quite expensive card in my country but I am about to break it and throw it from window and go get RTX 2060.

I am sharing a youtube video which a guy has same like me: 

Radeon RX 5700 Downclocking issue in Path of Exile - YouTube 

He has this problem at Path of Exile and I have the same problem at Black Desert Online.

Anybody has a solution for this downclocking? 

Outcomes