cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

srlake314
Journeyman III

Screensaver-Sleep-Restarts

Whenever my computer goes into screensaver, it works fine, but then after a minute or two it goes into sleep mode.  However, I'm not able to re wake it.  When I press any key, or hold any key down, it acts like it's going to wake, but then the monitor says it's searching and can't find one.   
If I continue to press keys, after awhile it starts back up, but it has restarted the computer instead of just re waking.  So I lose everything I was working on.  
Any ideas?  Software, hardware?  Drivers are all updated.

I apologize if this isn't the correct forum as I have no idea what is causing this.

0 Likes
2 Replies

It's a long shot..but easy to do...try disabling fast start. You must reboot after you disable it. Give it a try..

The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode 

Hey Kingfish.

I messed around with those settings as well as advanced power AMD settings that were suggested elsewhere.  Still, bloody thing says monitors not found, goes back into sleep mode(pc never shows that's it's actually running other than the lights in the case).  
Then it goes back into flashing power button indicating sleep mode, all lights except memory goes off.  Then If I hold the spacebar(or any key) down long enough it wakes up and shows the bios screen that it's starting up from scratch.

There are a lot of "answers" out there, I'm finding, but don't seem to fix it.

Here's one answer, that I'm leery of doing, but will do if all else fails:

Check this
----

Install pstools
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/pstools

Extract the tool package

Open cmd with admin rights

Use either psexec (32 bit system) or psexec64 (64 bit system)

psexec64 cmd.exe

In the new cmd window run

SCHTASKS /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" /DISABLE

Results in

INFO: Scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" has already been disabled.
SUCCESS: The parameters of scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" have been changed.

Also run this to disable access to above setting

icacls "%WINDIR%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" /inheritance:r /deny "Everyone:F" /deny "SYSTEM:F" /deny "Local Service:F" /deny "Administrators:F"

Results in

processed file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

You can check the Task Scheduler (with admin rights) for Reboot task; it is disabled and access is denied. Also check that the Schedule Scan and USO_Broker_Display tasks have "Wake the computer to run this task" unchecked in "Conditions" tab.

Done! And you again own your own computer which you paid for :) FU MS. Thanks to DebayanGupta at

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/administrator-account-not-allowe...
What do you think???
0 Likes