cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

thrall
Adept I

Call of Duty Warzone stuttering on my system

Check this issue friends, the fps drop to 40 and freezes the screen and back after 1 sec.

I dont know what to do more with AMD.

My Specs: 

X470 Asus Rog Strix F Gaming

16gb 3333Mhz RAM

Ryzen 3800X

Asrock 5700XT Challenger D 

I did:

1) Formated computer

2) Installed latest chipset driver
3) Installed latest 5700XT driver

58 Replies

You may benefit from looking at this optimization guide for that game and AMD:

https://www.bestsettings.com/guides/best-settings-for-call-of-duty-modern-warfare/ 

My problem not is only with COD.

On PUBG, im playing with LAG, its looking im playing with 60HZ monitor and my monitor is 144hz.

I have alot of input lag

0 Likes

I am certainly not trying to defend AMD's drivers. They certainly can be an issue. I do know however from many complaints I have read the past couple years that PUBG is problematic on both Red and Green teams cards, however I have never played that game or the call of duty game.

A couple things worth trying as these are general AMD recommended optimizations, actually the green team has the same advice in their forums. 

Disable all Windows OS Gaming Functions Like DVR etc....

Disable Full Screen Optimizations 

Disable Windows Fast Startup

Try running DDU from Safe Mode then re-installing the AMD Driver with the Internet disconnected.  Windows updater often aids in the corruption of drivers by trying to install repository drivers at the same time you are trying to install the ones you want. This stops that. 

Once re-installed turn off any game overlays enable for those games. 

Try running those games both in full screen and border-less window to see if one works better than the other. 

If none of that helps I'm am sorry but I just don't have more advice but many others here might. Especially if they play those games.

You can open a support ticket with the game makers support department and / or with AMD here:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

I hope you find some help. Sorry I could not offer more. Good Luck! I know how frustrating it is when there are issues. 

I already did all that and not solve my issue.

The same problem still and amd not answer my question on emails. What to do?

0 Likes

Hope they eventually fix it and if not vote with your dollars the next time you buy a new GPU. 

One thing to do when picking a GPU pick a few of your favorite games and search for issues with that GPU and those games. Have a good idea if the card you buy or at least the drivers for that company are know to be good or not for what you play. Many games favor one team over another. 

0 Likes

So is best i get back my 1060 6gb from Intel? Don't have sense which you say man. If i get better videocard, i need get better performance and not only problems which i'm getting.

0 Likes

All you can do with the current situation is report it to the game developer and AMD support. It is up to them to fix it, if they can or even choose to.

0 Likes

The problem not is game, im getting this problem in more than 1 game, the AMD support was responding me 1 day and now not responding me more, already 3 days and no support. 

What to do? I sent message on AMD support but they don't have solution for it. Thats why im asking in several forums also.

0 Likes

I wish I had a solution for you. I have had the same problem with no reply from support and it is very frustrating. Not sure what more you can do. You might try posting your issue on the AMD reddit thread and see if you get help that way.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Make sure when you installed the drivers you disabled AMD User Experience Program, or if you installed it you can quit it from here

Screenshot_1.png

0 Likes

This kind of problem never ends better capital

0 Likes
drewbarr
Adept I

hey I've been struggling to optimize amd for all my games. I have something I would like you to try which I noticed in every game I play made a tremendous difference especially in csgo. confirm obviously that windows is in high performance mode, and go into your bios and disable amd cool & quiet.

im sure this will resolve 90% of your issues.

I would appreciate feed back, just so I can help isolate specific problems on similar platforms and setups.

send me an email if it works for you

drewbarroso@gmail.com

-drew

Hello, you use high performance from windows plan or you use Ryzen High Performance?

0 Likes

Windows Power plan should always be on 'Performance' when playing any game. Never the default 'Balanced'.

0 Likes

I believe with desktop Zen 2 AKA Ryzen 3xxx that AMD actually originally recommended the Ryzen Balanced plan that was released with Zen 2's version of Ryzen Master. If you had a Zen or Zen+ it was recommended to stay with the older Ryzen Balanced version. Windows now has those settings baked into the Windows Balanced plan if you are using on of the last couple versions of Windows.  It has to do with the power states. Ryzen 3 actually performs better on the balanced plan than on the Performance plan. So I would say that Ryzen 3 and possibly future generations are the exception to the long standing rule. 

0 Likes

With Intel processors, it's still the same with Win10. "Performance" setting on the computer power plan does unlock the processor cores. A easy way to find out. Look at the resource Monitor when the COMPUTER power plan is set to 'Balanced' then check for parked cores.....then set the computer power plan to Performance and check.

0 Likes

On my R5 3600 several cores are parked at idle with the power saver plan enabled.

My CPU runs at 2.2 GHz and at least half the cores are parked. When I fire up a game however the machine springs to life.

0 Likes

On my i7 I use a program called park control and it's power plan. Windows 10 so called High Performance setting is not as high performance as the setting was in earlier version of Windows. Apparently though Zen 2 is pretty good at managing itself and forcing states like we used to can actually hinder performance. 

0 Likes

I use park control as well as it puts the option in Advanced display settings:

AMD addressed the issue of computer power state and parking...can't find the article now but the tom line of the interview was AMD would "of course" disable core parking (and the other benefits of the Performance setting) when the AMD processor was set to 'Performance' and I don't see anything that changes that. If you are not play with your computer plan set to anything other than Performance'..you are losing performance. Using the example of cores....start/stop/start/stop can translate to stutters/lag.

Ah...I found the remarks from AMD

https://community.amd.com/thread/182732 

0 Likes
drewbarr
Adept I

ideally the ryzen high performance power plan. you may also use 1usmus power plan but either will do. what games in particular are you having trouble with?

0 Likes

PUBG and  COD Warzone. amd cool & quiet i think my motherboard don't have it

0 Likes

your R7 3800x would work nice on an X570 motherboard

0 Likes

I think my problem not is motherboard, the x470 would go fine also with this setup

0 Likes

thrall wrote:

I think my problem not is motherboard, the x470 would go fine also with this setup

I have an X470 and the Ryzen 3000 do not work so well on them, I know from experience

0 Likes
drewbarr
Adept I

amd cbs -> zen common -> global c states

disable

0 Likes
drewbarr
Adept I

the x470 fundamentally the same board apart from extra pcie 4.0. the x570 are much beefier in terms of power delivery, but they essentially produce the same amount of power on all cpu/board combo. the limitation of processor's overclocking ability is in it's design. amd year by year are finding ways of improving IPC and less by increasing clock speeds. they produce similar IPC to intel's counterparts running pretty much 1ghz more on clock because amd on its best ccx can oc to 4.3ghz and for some lucky people even maintain 4.5ghz. if you are having stuttering issues it would be good we isolate specific games and provide computer specs as well as a video if possible. the biggest problem I've encountered is AMD Cool & quiet.

3900x

gigabyte x570 aorus master

16gb hyperx predator 4133mhz ram @ 3600mhz cl14

5700xt xfx

0 Likes

I disabled the amd cool & quiet and the problem still on the game... the micro stuttering is impossible to play the game 

0 Likes

What is your ram usage when the game is running check in your task manager. And what is your ram setup how many sticks and what's the exact model with your speed and timings? Using amd adrenaline what is your you usage show when the stutter happens?

0 Likes

Ram usage around 59% in adrenaline. I have 2 sticks 3333mhz. Last night i downgrade to 3200mhz using ryzen dram calculator and i runned for around 6 hours the memtest and no errors.

The weird what i saw here now is everytime i need to "verify" the game files on Steam and everyday i get one file with error, after that the steam "redownload" the file and the game looks better but not 100%

After i change the graphics to all MEDIUM its looks better then i use all in "VERY LOW", why it ?

0 Likes

thrall wrote:

Ram usage around 59% in adrenaline. I have 2 sticks 3333mhz. Last night i downgrade to 3200mhz using ryzen dram calculator and i runned for around 6 hours the memtest and no errors.

The weird what i saw here now is everytime i need to "verify" the game files on Steam and everyday i get one file with error, after that the steam "redownload" the file and the game looks better but not 100%

After i change the graphics to all MEDIUM its looks better then i use all in "VERY LOW", why it ?

What do you have for a video card?

0 Likes

Look at the original post

My Specs: 

X470 Asus Rog Strix F Gaming

16gb 3333Mhz RAM

Ryzen 3800X

Asrock 5700XT Challenger D 

0 Likes

Is anything overclocked on your system? Corrupted game files usually caused by unstable settings somewhere in the system. 

No, i not overclock, the game i already reinstalled.

Its looks after i enable the Vsync ON in PUBG solved 90% of lag on the game, but why need activate it?

On COD don't need enable the VSync.

Other thing, the moderator changed the title from my thread, i still not receiving one solution from support from my problem.

0 Likes

Unfortunately you can't compare different game engines. COD uses a different game engine. It is an apples and oranges situation. In the case of PUBG the engine was developed only for PUBG. The developer themselves said the engine is fundamentally unfixable and is using a new one for future products. 

You might want to see if the AMD software automatically created a profile that they believe optimizes settings. The profiles are in Radeon Settings. You could return that games settings to defaults and see if that helps. 

0 Likes
drewbarr
Adept I

I have a 5700xt. Send me a picture of task manager with the game running in background. Sort the processes list by ram usage high to low. 

kingfish wrote:

New Info:  Ryzen Power Plan Update: Min. Frequency 90%, Disables Core Parking | GamersNexus - Gaming PC Builds ... 

Microsoft's default balanced is the most widely used. I use the power saver given I am using an 80 plus platinum PSU etc etc.

Ryzen is so quick to activate a core it is not a problem having 2/3 of my CPU dozing. 

I play Halo a lot and it is never a problem waking my CPU back to life. Batman is more CPU demanding with the Denuvo DRM.

So I figure the power savings saves pesos when I am not using the machine for anything. Saving pesos seems to be fashionable.

0 Likes