Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

iusewrenches
Journeyman III

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 crash happy

Hello,

Built this rig at the end of 2015. Had a Sapphire R9 270X in here that was stable as could be but was fairly slow. About 10 months ago (early May 2019) I purchased a Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 590 8GB GDDR5 (external link to Newegg) and after installing it, immediately had issues with a screen of old television type static while playing games. I figured it was just driver related, and did a clean install with the new drivers. If I recall correctly that fixed it and it would come back randomly after a few months. Drivers would fix it, repeat, blah blah blah now it's doing it again and I just installed fresh drivers and it's crashing more than ever. I have a nice 750w power supply so that's not the issue. And it doesn't usually happen under high load. In fact, it will generally crash when I leave a game running and don't touch anything.

The new drivers band-aid was OK, but now that I'm nearing the 1 year mark I'd like to get it fixed or send it out for warranty. It happened when I used to play GTA Online and now I only play BeamNG.drive. It is pretty much guaranteed to happen at the moment, when it didn't happen for months prior.

0 Likes
0 Replies